Love ~ Corinthians 13: 4-13
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12 Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
***************************************************
Corinthians 13: 13 the greatest of these is love
Clearly God's Word proclaims from this chapter of the Bible that God values love, patience, kindness, unselfishness, hatred for evil and love for the truth, honesty and endurance in righteousness much more than faith to move mountains of all heights. Or much needed to reach goals within the church.
The greatest in the kingdom of God will be the ones who are great inward godliness who show genuine Love for God and His people. God's love pouring out of a believer's heart through the Holy Spirit is much greater than faith, hope or anything else in life. But know this, of faith, hope and love, love is the greatest of these.
Feeling down and out? Had a fight with someone you love? Turn to the church where love is demonstrated. You may even find counsel there within the sermon preached on Sunday. Encouragement is a wonderful gift that many of our friends possess. If one friend is off limits right now -- call on another to lift your spirits. Let the storm pass before approaching the angered person. Wait a little while -- then when the skies are blue and the sun is a shining -- make this moment the time to apologize and mend your relationship. Do not bring up what led to the fight. Just say:"I'm sorry and say it like you mean it!"
Pray about it before making your attempt. Ask others to pray for you and that relationship that needs attention. Before long, you will be laughing again together. In His Peace!
No comments:
Post a Comment